Electrical Stimulation Therapies
We offer a variety of ancillary and complementary therapies to support the work which our medical team does for our valued patients. Please find out more about a few of these services by reading below.
A tens unit is often a patient’s good friend. Easy to maneuver and operate, it can be used multiple times a day while symptoms last. By sending an electrical current into the spasming muscles, the tens unit masks and relieves pain, allowing for full or improved range of motion.
Laser Therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light to treat painful and debilitating conditions.
Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete.
Some benefits include:
- Rapid relief of pain without the use of addictive prescription painkillers
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Non-surgical treatment
- No negative side effects
- Timely healing of sprains & strains
- Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement of local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers
Decompression therapy is applied to affected joints–usually the spine–to relieve pain and promote an optimal healing environment for bulging, degenerating, or herniated discs and other joints.
Spinal decompression devices use the same basic principle of spinal traction that has been offered by chiropractors, osteopaths, and other appropriately trained health professionals for many years.
Spinal decompression is a type of traction therapy applied to the spine in an attempt to bring about several theoretical benefits including:
- Create a negative intradiscal pressure to promote retraction or repositioning of the herniated or bulging disc material.
- Create a lower pressure in the disc that will cause an influx of healing nutrients and other substances into the disc.